St. Catherine of Siena Preschool’s curriculum encourages children to be actively involved in the learning process, to experience a wide variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials, and to pursue their own interests in the context of life in the community and the world.
Some examples are:
- Handwriting without Tears program which includes writing, language, literacy, numbers and math, incorporating music.
- Specials classes: Spanish, Music, Creative Movement
- Discovery Days: an opportunity for 4-year-olds to study a subject – such as Wind, or Spring — through art, language and science connections
- STEM Curriculum: to promote science, technology, engineering and math, we offer iPads in the classroom, building centers with blocks, pipes, and other materials; and learn about our bodies and the world around us.
- Family Events: Donuts for Dads, Mother’s Day Tea, Christmas Program, Spring Music Program
- Special Visitors: Firefighters, Police Department, Farm Animals, Dentist
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Feast, Olympic Day, Water Play Day, Easter egg hunt
We also have daily outdoor play time, and individual and class photos. Twice each year, we offer vision, hearing, and speech screenings.