Food donations may no longer be left in the narthex. All donations should be taken directly to the St Vincent de Paul pantry.
St. Vincent de Paul Society – Pantry Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00-9:30 a.m.
Saturday: 10:00-11:45 a.m.; 6:00-6:30 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00-10:30 a.m.; 12 Noon-12:30 p.m.; 6:00-6:30 p.m.
Who we Are and Our Mission
Inspired by Gospel values, embracing all works of charity and justice, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads trained women and men of all ages, cultural backgrounds and economic levels, known as Vincentians, to grow spiritually by following in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam, and patron St. Vincent de Paul. Going in pairs to visit those in need in their homes, to provide help on a person-to-person basis, Vincentians offer tangible assistance, making no distinction in those served, while conscientiously maintaining confidentiality and dignity.
The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes.
Although the core of this ministry is trained Vincentians, opportunities to volunteer within the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Conference at St. Catherine of Siena may not require making home visits.
Roles of Vincentians:
- Client Advocate – The client advocate, a trained Vincentian, is required to attend bi-monthly meetings and regularly makes home visits. A client advocate can hold office (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary).
- Associate – May have been trained as a Vincentian. An associate may be in training to become a Vincentian. An associate helps with food deliveries, helps to maintain the pantry, and hands out flyers. An associate is not required to attend meetings and cannot hold office.
Activities Client Advocates, fully-trained Vincentians, do:
- Compile and update resource guides
- Participate in fundraising events for the Society
- Write grant requests
- Database input on CMS, Client Management System
- Records and returns phone calls from the hotline (972-480-5287)
- Sets up client home visits
- Attends SVDPS retreats/conferences
- Assists with packing and delivery of food for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter
- Maintains the pantry on Saturday mornings
- Organizes donated food in the pantry
To learn more, contact Nuala Winston, Conference President, St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church, at email@example.com or call the hotline at 972-480-5287. We meet the first and third Wednesday of each month from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Siena Hall.
To be a member of this ministry requires completing Safe and Sacred Training.