For information on Confirmation of ages 18+, please click here.
No fees apply for sacramental formation. Fees for Youth Night formation may apply.
In the Diocese of Fort Worth, Confirmation takes place Sophomore year, or later (age 15) *. At St. Catherine, it is the norm for a youth to be involved in Faith Formation (Youth Night) for at least two years prior to being Confirmed, with preparation for Confirmation taking place during the last portion of the second year.
Along with Youth Night during the Sophomore year (gr 10) or later, there will be an orientation and a retreat in the fall, along with Confirmation prep sessions on select Wednesdays in the Spring from 7:00 -8:30 pm. Learn more about Youth Night, click here.
Each baptized Catholic can and should receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The candidates may request the Sacrament if they:
1. Are baptized and able to renew baptismal promises.
2. Are open to receiving the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
3. Have received their First Communion, are participating in the Sunday Mass and in the sacramental life of the Church. (Adults and adolescents who have not received First Communion will be catechized through the RCIA or Rite of Christian Initiation process with age-appropriate catechesis.)
4. Have reached 15 years of age*.
5. Are willing to commit to active involvement in the parish Confirmation preparation process.
6. Are willing to continue to grow in faith following Confirmation and throughout their lifetime.
* The above are requirements dictated by the Diocesan Canonical Process for the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation. For concerns, requests, or discrepancies, please do so in writing to Fr. Sushil, pastor at [email protected]
For general information, please contact the office at 972-492-3237.