St. Catherine of Siena Preschool's curriculum encourages children to be actively involved in the learning process, to experience a wide variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials, and to pursue their own interests in the context of life in the community and the world.
Some examples are:
- Handwriting without Tears program which includes writing, language, literacy, numbers and math, incorporating music.
- Specials classes: Spanish, Music, Creative Movement
- Discovery Days: an opportunity for 4-year-olds to study a subject – such as Wind, or Spring -- through art, language and science connections
- Family Events: Donuts for Dads, Mother’s Day Tea, Christmas Program, Spring Music Program
- Special Visitors: Firefighters, Police Department, Farm Animals, Dentist
- Special Events: Thanksgiving, Feast, Olympic Day, Water Play Day
We also have daily outdoor play time, technology in the classroom, individual and class photos, and summer camps.